Out of hours press enquiries, call 07918 195 238.
Say Yes to medical research, but No to animal research!
Posted 15 November 2011
The Victims of Charity campaign asks people to boycott research charities that conduct or fund animal experiments, such as Cancer Research UK, the British Heart Foundation, Parkinson's UK and the Alzheimer's Society, and to support instead those that use only non-animal medical research techniques such as microdosing, computer modelling and MRI scans. These techniques allow us to obtain data that is accurate and relevant to human health, and therefore more likely to lead to effective treatments.
To take part in the Day of Action you could:
- Organise a street stall, with leaflets, booklets, pledge forms, stickers and campaign postcards. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01732 364546 to order resources
- Arrange to set up a library display
- Distribute leaflets in the street, door-to-door, or to friends, family and colleagues
- Email or write to the letters page of your local paper - getting a letter into print is a great way to get the message out to thousands of people. Visit the 'Animal Experiments' campaign section of our website for a sample letter, or you can order a hard copy from the office
- Consider donating part of your body to be used for research after your death, or in the course of medical treatment. Contact Animal Aid to order our Human Tissue Research factsheet for more information
Ending vivisection will help both people and animals. Please do what you can to help on Saturday, 19th November!