VEGGIE & VEGAN
- 2 x 125g pkts Redwood fish style steaks or
- 1 x 215g pkt Redwoods fish style fingers
- 250g mushrooms - sliced thick
- 750g mashed potato - cooked in 2 veggie Oxo cubes
- 1 heaped tbsp wholemeal flour
- 125ml soya milk
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 50g soya hard cheese - Cheezly or Scheese - chopped into small pieces
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp capers
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Little extra oil
Make white sauce. Heat oil in saucepan, add the flour and cook for a minute or two stirring constantly. Take off heat, when stopped bubbling add soya milk slowly stirring until smooth paste. Add cheezly pieces, parsley, black pepper and capers to taste, stir and put aside. Mash potatoes and add a little oil and black pepper. Lay fish steaks or fingers in ovenproof dish, spread on white sauce. Spread potatoes over the top, add mushrooms and grizzle a tiny bit of oil. Bake in hot oven 200°C/400°F/gas 6 for 30-40mins until top is as golden as wanted and mushrooms cooked.
Serve with a freshly cooked green vegetable (using the potato stock water) or bright green and red salad.