- Aubergine (one per person)
- Small onion
- Tomato purée (3/4 tbsp) or 1 fresh tomato
- Fresh Ginger root (very little, finely chopped)
- Garlic (one clove)
- Vegetable oil (2 tbsps)
- Chilli powder (¼ tsp)
- Coriander powder (1 tsp)
- Cumin powder (1 tsp)
- Turmeric (just a touch)
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander (leaves from 3 small bunches)
- Lightly coat aubergine with vegetable oil. Place under grill and cook until tender (can also be cooked over charcoal barbeque grill).
- Remove and allow to cool. Peel away outer skin. Chop flesh for further cooking.
- Put oil in frying pan. Add chopped onion and stir till just golden brown. Add ginger and garlic and stir. Add tomato purée or chopped tomato and mix, on low heat. Add chopped aubergine and keep stirring, then add spices - turmeric, salt, chilli, coriander powder, and cumin. Keep stirring on low heat. Do not overcook.
- Remove and serve, granished with fresh coriander leaves.
Send this page to a friend