Veggie Sausage Casserole
- 1½ lb / 675g potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tsp / 30ml thyme
- 1 cooking apple, cubed
- 1 lb / 450g carrots, sliced
- 1 packet veggie sausages
- 10 oz / 275g chopped tinned tomatoes
- 1 vegetable stock cube, dissolved in ½ pt boiling water
- 1 tbsp / 15ml tomato purée salt and pepper
- Put potatoes in a pan full of water and boil for 5 minutes. (They need to be still quite firm). Keep on one side.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and fry onions for 2 minutes. Add garlic, bay leaf and thyme and fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Add carrots, apple and sausages and fry gently.
- Add tomatoes, stock and tomato puree. Bring to the boil and then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add potatoes and simmer gently for a further 10 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Send this page to a friend