VEGGIE & VEGAN
- 2 large potatoes (baking potatoes are ideal)
- olive oil
- fine sea-salt
- Clean the potatoes and remove any skin blemishes. Cut each potato in half lengthways, and then each piece in half again, to make four wedges.
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan with enough water to cover them. Bring the water to the boil, cook for a further 5 minutes, then remove them from the water with a slotted spoon.
- Pour a small amount of olive oil into a small bowl and place each wedge in the oil until coated. (This can be brushed on with a pastry brush, if you have one).
- Place the oiled wedges on a baking sheet, or the grill pan and place under a pre-heated grill.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes with the grill on high. The finished potatoes should be golden brown and cooked right through.
- Sprinkle with sea-salt and serve with a variety of toppings.
In their basic version, the veggie wedges can be altered by adding fresh herbs, toasted sesame seeds or mustard. Serve with some hummus (chick pea spread) or guacamole (avocado dip), or both!