Giant Stuffed Mushrooms
- 6 large field mushrooms
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 25g fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
- dried marjoram
- 30g pine nuts
- 85g tin sweetcorn
- black pepper
- pinch of salt
- fresh parsley
- Wipe the mushrooms clean then remove and finely chop the stems.
- Sauté half the finely chopped onion in the olive oil. Add the mushroom stems.
- Once tender, remove from heat. Thoroughly mix in the breadcrumbs, a teaspoon of marjoram, pine nuts (or sunflower seeds), sweetcorn, plenty of freshly ground black pepper and a pinch of salt.
- Place the mushroom caps in a shallow oven dish and pile the filling into them. Dot them with a little oil.
- Bake at Gas Mark 5 for 20 minutes and garnish with fresh parsley. Serve hot.
Send this page to a friend