Garlic Mushrooms with Butter Beans
- 1 small onion
- 5 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ½lb button mushrooms
- 1tsp ground coriander
- 200g tin butter beans
- 2 tbsp water
- fresh parsley
- black pepper
- Sauté the onion with garlic (peeled and crushed) in 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Add button mushrooms, sliced. Allow to soften.
- Add 2 more tbsp olive oil, ground coriander, freshly ground black pepper, butter beans (drained) and water.
- Cook very slowly to allow flavours to mingle, adding more water if necessary.
- Should smell fantastic and be ready to eat in about 20 minutes - but it's even better if you serve it chilled, lavishly garnished with sprigs of parsley.
Send this page to a friend