Shortcrust pastry (homemade or Sainsbury's all vegetarian pastry)
- 2 packets plain tofu
- 2 onions, sliced
- 8oz mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- black pepper, freshly ground
- sunflower, sesame or pumpkin seeds
- Line an ovenproof dish with shortcrust pastry.
- Saute the onions lightly then add the mushrooms and garlic.
- After a few minutes stir in the tomato puree, soya sauce, red pepper and black pepper.
- Mash up the tofu with a potato masher and add to the fried onions, mushroom etc.
- Spread the mixture over the pastry base and sprinkle with the seeds.
- Bake in an oven at 200/375FC for 40 - 50 minutes. Allow to cool/'set' a little bit once out of oven, say half an hour.
Send this page to a friend