Potato & Parsnip Balls
- 500g (1lb) potatoes
- 500g (1lb) parsnips
- 8 spring onions - thinly chopped
- 1 clove garlic - peeled and crushed
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 2 tbsp fresh chives - finely chopped
- Olive oil
- Fresh ground pepper and salt
- Preheat oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas Mark 7 (or 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6 if fan-assisted).
- In a large pan, par-boil (half cook) half the potatoes and take out, leaving the rest to cook right through. Grate the par-boiled potatoes (when cool enough to do so). When the rest are cooked thoroughly, drain and mash.
- Grate the parsnips and combine all the ingredients, season with pepper and salt to taste.
- Make into walnut size balls. Place balls in a greased baking tin and bake in the hot oven for 10-15 minutes.
Send this page to a friend