VEGGIE & VEGAN
Ginger Sponge Pudding
- 225 g (8 oz) self-raising flour (white and wholemeal both work)
- 115 g (4 oz) brown sugar
- 1 heaped tsp baking powder
- a thumb-sized chunk of ginger, peeled and grated (or use a heaped tbsp ground ginger)
- 250 ml (8 floz) water
- 150 ml (5 floz) vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp syrup or maple syrup
- Grab a big microwave-proof bowl (pyrex is perfect) and sift the dry ingredients into it.
- Stir in the water and oil and mix well.
- Drop the syrup into the bowl, and ease it down to the bottom with your spoon.
- Stretch cling film over the bowl and pierce a hole in the top. Microwave on full power for 7-8 mins, then leave to stand for another 2 mins.
- Serve with vegan custard or soya cream. Splash with alcohol if you like.
Makes a great alternative to traditional Christmas Pud.