Red Wine Sauce
- 1 onion,sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 10 button mushrooms, quartered
- 1 tsp dried basil
- ¼ pint vegetarian stock (when you make it up, also mix in 1 tsp flour)
- splash of vegan Worcester sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- ¾ pint red wine
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- black pepper to season
- Fry the garlic and onion until soft.
- Add the mushrooms and continue to fry for about a minute.
- Mix in all the other ingredients, stir well, bring to the boil and leave to simmer for about one hour. The longer you leave it the more flavoursome it becomes.
Send this page to a friend