- 1 medium aubergine
- 1 medium leek
- 1 red pepper
- 3 or 4 shallots
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- juice and grated rind of 1 orange
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- salt and black pepper
- olive oil
- 1 pack puff pastry
- Thinly slice the aubergine, brush with oil and grill both sides for about 5 mins until brown.
- Thinly slice the pepper, shallots and leek and roast in a very hot oven with a little oil for about 20 mins until the edges are starting to char.
- Line a shallow dish with puff pastry and bake for 10 mins in a medium oven until golden brown.
- Cut the aubergine slices into strips and mix these together with the other vegetables, herbs, orange juice and rind, puree, salt and pepper. Spoon mixture onto the cooked pastry.
- Drizzle about 4 tbsp olive oil over the vegetable mix, then top with a lid of pastry. Wet the edges of the pastry and press down to seal with the cooked layer beneath.
- Cut some slits in the pastry and bake at gas mk 6 (200 C) for 20-25 mins.
Send this page to a friend