VEGGIE & VEGAN
Strawberry and kiwi cheezecake
- 75g dairy-free margarine
- 340g digestive biscuits (Waitrose own or Dovefarm Organic)
- 3 lemons - zest and juice
- 430g tofu, diced (Cauldron tofu)
- 95ml soya milk
- 95ml sunflower oil
- 95g soft brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 1 Kiwi
- 1 85g packet strawberry jelly crystals (eg. Just Wholefoods)
Preheat oven to 160C / 325F / gas 3
Grease and line a loose bottomed, deep, 20cm / 8 inch cake tin with grease-proof paper and dairy-free margarine.
- Crush the digestives until they resemble fine breadcrumbs.
- Melt the margarine gently in a saucepan, pour in the biscuit crumbs and mix well. Press the biscuit-mix firmly into the cake tin until about 1cm deep.
- Finely grate the lemon rinds and put into a blender along with the squeezed lemon juice.
- Add all the other mixture ingredients and blend together till the mixture is smooth and creamy. Pour the blended mixture onto the base, smooth the top and place in the oven for 1 hour or until the top turns a rich golden brown.
- Allow the cheezecake to cool. Follow the instructions on the jelly packet. Slice the kiwi and arrange on top of the cheezecake. Then pour on hot jelly.
- Leave to cool and then place in the fridge to set.