Easy eggless pancakes
- 100g wholemeal flour
- 2 rounded tbsp chickpea (gram) flour
- 325ml soya milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Oil to fry
- Whisk pancake ingredients in a liquidiser. Allow to ‘rest’ for
30 mins. Whisk batter again. Pour into a jug.
- Put a very little oil into a frying pan and heat to very hot but not
burning. Lower heat slightly. Pour in just enough batter to coat
bottom of frying pan by tilting pan around.
- Cook for approx 2 mins and then gently turn pancake over for a
further 2 mins.
- Put pancake on plate and spread desired filling at one edge (dairy-
free marge and jam, maple syrup and chopped nuts, lemon juice
and sugar or something savoury - mushrooms in a white sauce,
tofu pâté etc) and roll up. Carry on oiling pan and cooking
pancakes until all batter is used.
- Serve straight away as each is done, or make up the lot and reheat,
covered with foil, in a warm oven.
Send this page to a friend