- 350g macaroni or penne
- 100g of Redwood Foods Cheezly - melting variety - chopped up
- 3 onions - finely chopped
- 500ml soya milk (sugar-free)
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 rounded tbsp wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 1 lemon, finely scraped zest from outer skin and juice
- 2 heaped tbsp Engevita flakes (available from Health shops)
- 1 tsp flaked chilli
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 packet Redwood Rashers, chopped up - optional
- 1 handful freshly chopped parsley - optional
- Gently fry onions in the oil for approx 10 mins. Stir flour into onions
and cook for 2 mins. Add the soya milk slowly, stirring constantly until
starting to thicken. Add the rest of the ingredients (except fresh
parsley) and stir on low heat until Cheezly melts into mixture.
- Cook pasta quickly in large pan. Drain and add pasta to Cheezly
mixture, sprinkle on parsley.
- Voila! Quick and nutritious. Same sauce can be used for Cauliflower
Cheeze - cut cauliflower into small florets and cook very quickly in a
large pan of boiling water until just tender. Drain and toss cauliflower
- Serve with a lovely, brightly coloured mixed salad.
Send this page to a friend