- 1 medium sized potato - cooked but still firmish and sliced
- 1 onion - finely chopped
- 2 heaped tbsp chickpea (gram) flour
- 75-100ml cold water - approx
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Celery salt - a couple of shakes (herb/spice counter)
- Olive oil to fry
- Put the flour, celery salt and pepper in a bowl and stir in slowly enough water
to make a smooth batter ‘eggie’ mix. It should be thin enough to pour easily
from the bowl.
- Put enough olive oil in a frying pan to fry the onion, then add cooked sliced
potato (add a little more oil if needed). When heated through, pour on as
much eggless mixture to just cover the bottom of the frying pan and around
- Cook for a couple of minutes, then ease away from the edge and flip
over with a wide spatula. If the frying pan is too big to do this easily, slide
no-molette onto a plate and flip over this way instead.
- Fry second side for a further couple of mins. Enjoy as a light lunch with fried
mushrooms and fresh tomatoes with chopped parsley or a green salad.
Send this page to a friend